Things I Love...
...About Being Pregnant.
...About Being Pregnant.
- lying on my front and feeling the little bump under me. Can't do this for much longer, but for now, it's still possible. It means, this is real!
- getting to rotate new clothes into the lineup! True, they're not the cutest clothes, and they're BIGGER than what I was wearing, but the point is, they're NEW! And I still count them as new if they came from the thrift store. Or I wore them my last pregnancy. Yep, still counts.
- ultrasounds. I live for these. I love getting to see that little body in there, kicking and squirming. I love the profile shots. I love seeing the heart flickering through the transparent skin. I love hearing that heartbeat. And I love the little hand gestures. I got a "Number One!" the last time I was there. :)
- No. More. Period. Glory, glory, hallelujah, there cannot be enough emphasis on this. No man will ever understand. This alone balances out the yuckiness of all that nausea.
- the understanding looks I get from other women once I'm showing. They've been there...they know.
- the knowledge that this, too, shall pass...and when it does, we'll have a new little one.
- the miracle of life. This is the absolute best part of being pregnant. Just knowing that a little person is growing and developing in there, that my body is nurturing his or hers, and that some day it will be an independent person walking and talking and living...that takes my breath away, every time I think about it. It is an honor and a privilege to partner with my husband and with God to bring to pass this miracle.
Ditto on everything you said! My favorite part is the constant movement. I love when she pushes out real hard and I wonder if it is a little foot or hand or bum. I miss sleeping on my stomach, but love laying on my back and having that big bump sticking up! I love that we are preg at the same time!!
ReplyDelete