August 30, 2011??!
That was the date of my last blog post.
What the heck have I been doing for the last five months? Oh yeah, reading other people's blogs.
So I figure that I'll start back up with small posts that don't require lots of work. Like uploading pictures. :) Although I think I just remembered one that would fit this pretty well, so you might get a picture anyway. Yay!
Here it is:
That was the date of my last blog post.
What the heck have I been doing for the last five months? Oh yeah, reading other people's blogs.
So I figure that I'll start back up with small posts that don't require lots of work. Like uploading pictures. :) Although I think I just remembered one that would fit this pretty well, so you might get a picture anyway. Yay!
Here it is:
I woke up early the other morning and way lying in bed thinking about my siblings. I miss them. I miss how involved we all were in each other’s day-to-day lives when we were teenagers, even though we fought and didn’t always get along. It’s different now that we’re all adults, all married and with kids. We’re much nicer to each other but we also know less about each other. We see each other WAY less. I'm jealous of my siblings that live in the same state as other siblings. They can get together and do things on the spur of the moment. I only see my brothers and sister now at either our Shasta vacation or at Christmas. And at those times, we are busy busy busy and stressed and there are 15 little kids running around and it is incredibly difficult to have any kind of serious conversation and all the parents are tired and thus go to bed early instead of staying up late to talk with the other adults.
My proposal: I hereby invite all of my siblings and their families to my house. Probably one family at a time, though; our house is pretty small. One shower. This way we avoid the large group stress. We’ll throw the extra mattress down on the floor in the office, the kids can camp out in the living room, and we can spend our days sliding down sand dunes, stomping in mud puddles, swimming in waterfalls, making pizzas, doing jigsaw puzzles, seeing the BIGGEST Douglas Fir in the WORLD, and our nights playing board games and catching up. I want to know my siblings better but also their spouses and my nieces and nephews, and for them to know us! Why are we spread out over three states? Why can’t we all live within an hour of each other and see each other on birthdays, holidays, nothing days, and not just once a year vacation days? Sigh. Come visit. Seriously.

We feel the same way. Heather is the closest of any family and she is 12 hours away! Brian has dreams of all his family living within a few hours of one another. Maybe someday?
ReplyDeleteI totally agree and know what you mean. Growing up we all fought a lot but now we are older, married, not living that close anymore and I feel like we dont know each other that well anymore either :-/ 1 still lives at home, 1 is on a mission, 1 is at BYU. Plus 1 in WA and Arkansas. At least I have a sister here in Utah that I can see once in awhile!
ReplyDeleteOh, Missi, reading this entry brought tears to my eyes. I always thought it would be different too, with you kids and with my sisters too. I've thought about things I tell my friends that my sisters don't know, or stuff I share with ward members that you kids don't hear about. I love that I can catch up on Facebook even when it's too late to call. And I love blogs! This year at Shasta let's plan some adult talking times, maybe during naptimes or a less tired time than bedtime. Love you so much!
ReplyDelete