We went up to the beach house for a night, to visit Mom and Dad over Memorial Day weekend. Nice weather!
Joseph loves playing in the sand.
He's off down the beach!
Eating out with cousins. That's Lily, four months older than Joseph, and Rhett, one week older.
Joseph hangs out with me in the bathroom quite a bit. Here, he's lounging in the sink with our favorite turtle.
Hello!
Time with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Kerr, two of the best people ever.
Not quite the whole family, but look how big we're getting!
The view from the top of the hill behind Tsasdi, the summit of Brian's hike that he does every year.
There's that beautiful masochistic hiking man.
Forty people and one boat is an equation that just doesn't work well. Joseph never got to go for a ride, what with naps and eating schedules and all that...but we did go jump off the back while we were at the dock. Next year, Joseph, we'll feel the wind in our hair!
Swimming in the lake. It was colder than the pool. He's not a big fan.
The newcomers to Shasta, and their daddies.
And their mommies!
Back at home, we're on our favorite hike, along the cliffs above the ocean.
Brian picked up a hitchhiker, in the form of an inchworm.
And my flowers bloomed! I got these for Mother's Day last year but never saw flowers until this year. I love them. Dianthus, I think.
And the poor, sad rose bush did get out a flower! I think I even see a few more buds!
The hydrangeas do incredibly. These are my favorite colors that we have, a really deep pink.
The last of the rhody flowers.
More hydrangea. This is the big bush that tries to take over the driveway every year. They start off a soft green, then turn a muted yellow, then cream, then bright white, then are light blue just before they die. I love these ones.
Brian's brother and his family came to visit, and we went down to the tide pools one morning. It was a beautiful day, weather-wise. Joseph's hat was too small, but his cousin Ava's was too big, so they switched! Joseph still looks good in a girl's hat. :)
There's Mason looking as his dad Kyle shows a treasure from the tide pool, with Jolene (holding Ava) and Diane.
Cool rock with a fern imprint on it!
Joseph got tired of the carrier and wanted to get at that sand!
He loves playing in it. He also decided it was time to eat it...bad decision!
We went to the game park, where Joseph got to meet and pet lots of animals, including ferrets, a baby raccoon, a possum, a skunk, this donkey...
...the Bengal tiger cub...
(showing off his two-handed waving technique)
...this beautiful big old guy...
...lots of deer with fuzzy antlers...
and a white Siberian tiger.
We had a family barbecue and the kids went swimming...and got naked! Ha!
Just please, don't make a mess in the pool! (He didn't. He had fun. It was good all around.)
Aunt Teresa lent him some socks to keep his tootsies warm.
The kids got rides and the men got to talkin'...
Joseph also wanted to help me sort the laundry. What a man. :)



































Wow, you have done a lot this summer so far! Joseph is too cute. I love the beach pictures with his hat on!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've been up to some fun stuff! I love your flowers - I wish we had some, but maybe someday soon. The pictures of Joseph in the sink are too funny!
ReplyDeleteLooks like its been a real fun summmmer! :D Your lil boy is super cute ! I'm glad he liked the sand!
ReplyDelete