"Update blog" has been on my to-do list for quite a while. I figured I should get around to it before this baby is born, because I know it won't happen afterwards. I always have such good ideas for things to write about and include pictures, but I think I'm going to do the Cliff Notes version for the sake of time and peace of mind. The last time I updated was Joseph's 18 month birthday, which was in February! Hello, procrastination. We're less than a month away from his Big Birthday Number Two! That's way too long and way too much has happened. Here are some of the highlights (in mostly pictures, because we know that's what everyone loves about a blog):
It was Easter! Here is Joseph hunting for eggs at his great-grandma's house, and our Easter baskets from Brian's mom.
He loves Cookie Monster, so that little toy is still one of his
favorites.
In April we had the annual school tree plant with
Brian's work. We thought we weren't going to get to go this year because
Brian had other things to do that day, but he finished them really
quickly so we were able to still make it. Joseph especially enjoyed
tasting all the rocks and pieces of burnt wood at the site. I enjoyed
the trilliums that were blooming, and Brian was left to do all the
digging. (Not really; I did help him, and we both helped all the 5th graders there.)
I got to see Amy and Nola, my awesome ladies, for a girls' weekend at the beach house. I miss you guys so much! We MUST do this every year.
A firewood-cutting expedition...Joseph makes sure that these rocks aren't any more tasty than the ones at the tree plant.
 |
| He is actually eating real food here, not rocks. |
My friend Robin from church (on the right in the picture below) moved away from Coos Bay up to Corvallis, but she came down to visit and have a baby shower! We three pregnant ladies are all due within a month of each other. Robin had her baby a few days ago, I'm due next week, and Adrienne (on the left) is due two weeks after me.
Joseph also got his first haircut! (You see how all of these should have had their own post...not at all related to each other and I'm skimming the details of all of them.) I loved his cute little curls but it was just getting out of control. Plus, when his hair was wet, it was on his shoulders! I knew we would be swimming a lot at Shasta, so we went in for his first trim. Brian's Aunt Connie has her own salon and got Joseph looking really handsome.
 |
| The "before" picture, ready to go in the balloon cape. |
 |
| There's no going back now. |
 |
| All finished! |
 |
| Between that balloon in the background and the mirror, Joseph kept swiveling his head and poor Connie earned her money trying to catch him in one spot. |
He looked so much older to me afterwards. No more little baby curls, but a real little boy. I kept doing double-takes for a day or two later.
In the middle of June was the annual family Shasta vacation. This may be the last year (but maybe not) and it was a really good one! Joseph loved the pool and swimming but was ambiguous about the loud and windy boat rides.
 |
| The Nuffers who were there for church. It was SO HOT in Redding that day. |
 |
| Some cool relief! |
 |
| Happy swimmers! |
 |
| Jumping in to Dad. No fear! |
 |
| Grandpa Kerr gives a little jumping encouragement and advice. |
 |
| Out for a boat ride. |
 |
| Henry and Amy. He wasn't the biggest fan of that life vest. Joseph wasn't either, last year. |
 |
| Swimming under the bridge. |
 |
| We could see little fishes swimming in the water! |
 |
| Joseph takes his turn driving the boat. There's no minimum age, right? |
 |
| One of the highlights was celebrating Grandma and Grandpa Kerr's 60th wedding anniversary with all the family. It was so much fun! |
 |
| A repeat of last year's picture of the moms and babies. Awesome, Liz! |
 |
| And the dads and babies! The little guys are all one and a bit. The big ones are 30 and something... |
|
|
Then we had the Fourth of July and Joseph got to stay up late and watch the big fireworks...
 |
| And we did some little ones, too. |
We visited Troutdale for the Nuffer grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary (which was a good time and awesome to get to see family) and went up to the top of Larch Mountain on a perfect day.
Brian's parents went out of town for a week and so we took care of their house while they were gone. I went over one afternoon to find that their old cat, Bell (short for Stinkerbell) had passed away. We dug her a grave the next day and had a little service for her. She was a good cat and will be missed.
Brian is getting Joseph started early on what he considers the best sport to play. :)
And those are some of our highlights from the last few months! Hopefully I won't wait another six months to update again.
I've been searching for videos and books to share with Joseph about new babies in the family and we've looked at quite a few, but he just isn't old enough to grasp the concept yet. One thing it has done is make me consider what it is like to go from having one child to two. I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed at first but eventually it'll be old hat. It touches me to think of Joseph as a big brother, teaching, sharing, and loving his little brother (along with hitting, taking from, and tackling him, of course.) I think having siblings is one of the best ways in life to learn about unselfishness, patience, working through problems, and acceptance. I hope that Joseph and his brother learn these things with each other. I know life changed a lot for Brian and I when Joseph came along, but now I wouldn't have it any other way! I think our hearts just keep expanding for all the people in our family and it doesn't take away from the other relationships but instead adds to them. I'm looking forward to having one more person to hold close in my heart. Stay tuned for birthdays and baby pictures, all in the next few weeks!
Oh he is so cute and so big! I love the haircut pics. What a handsome little devil! I am so excited for you Miss! I hope everything goes well with the delivery and that he comes on time for you! Can't wait to see pics of that new little one!
ReplyDelete