Monday, July 6, 2009

Getting My Toes Wet

I love the idea of blogging...it's like an online journal for me and mine that everyone else can come and look at, as they like. A part of me thinks, why on earth would anyone want to read anything that I'd written? Especially about something as mundane as what little things I think about for most of the day. BUT. I know that I love reading other people's blogs, looking at their pictures, clicking on their links, etc. So, maybe someone out there will read this. Even if it's only Mom and Amy. :) So this is for you guys.

We'll start off with a list of things I love about summer vacation, today.

1. Going back to bed when it's still morning.
I always wake up when Brian leaves for work, usually between 6 and 6:30, sometimes earlier, never later. He comes and wakes me up with a hug and it's one of my favorite parts of our day. He has toast on his breath and work clothes on and a minute later, I hear his truck start and off he goes. I usually have a hard time going back to sleep for a while because I'm just awake enough that my mind starts running. Sometimes I have to get up and make a bathroom trip, and sometimes I'll read, feed Vader, check email, etc. Today I jumped up and got to the dining room window in time to wave good bye to Brian, then let Vader in to eat and waited for her to finish. I decided that falling asleep while leaning against the doorjamb was a sure sign I wasn't ready for the day yet, so after Vader wandered from her food dish, I sent her out into the world and sent myself back to bed. Sheets were still warm for me. :)

2. Doing all the laundry in one morning.
Usually the laundry process takes me at least a few days, and sometimes up to a week, to do my three loads. That's why I only do it once every three weeks. I air dry most of my things so that adds to the time, of course, but even then I still don't end up running my one dryer load until the end of the whole process. When I'm working, I start it and then dinner, sleep, or something else always takes priority in the evenings. But in the summer, I can finish it all in the morning. :) As soon as I'm done writing here, I'll go fold my last bit.

3. Wearing comfy, casual clothes.
Not a possibility for a teacher who is supposed to maintain a professional air. But, I'll admit, my job's dress code is a lot more relaxed than other places. But they're still not big on t-shirts, yoga pants, and flip flops. :)

4. Talking to Vader all day long.

5. Going to the bathroom whenever I need to.

6. The Farmer's Market on Wednesdays.
Artisan bread, local fruits and vegetables, plants, where I bought one of my favorite windchimes made of driftwood and beach glass, a barbecue stand, fresh Kettle Corn...what's not to love? I bought tomato plants a few weeks ago and we finally got them planted. So far, so good!

7. Taking the time to look up all those cool things online that I don't otherwise.

8. Crossing off an entire list of To Do items.

9. Driving with the windows down.

10. Having time for a real, decent, meaningful personal study session in the scriptures and church publications.

6 comments:

  1. I think you missed getting to read all day if you want. Have you gotten the Work and the Glory yet? I know your mom has them. And I love that you have a blog. Mine is mostly to tell about Lyza, but I love to read other people's that actually have fun things to say! And post pics, I would love to see where you live!
    Loves! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Missi, I'm glad you started a blog. You are a teacher right? What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! It's pretty much the same as mine (except I feed Bob), but I always feel like summer is so ...luxurious 8-). And I love your blog too and will put it on my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I had a much longer comment, but it went away 8-(. Keep on keeping on 8-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogger-world! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this is great. I especially love reason 5. I've never had that problem but I guess I've never been a teacher.

    ReplyDelete